Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hey There, Four Eyes

It's been about 4 or 5 years since I got new glasses. The other day, I was literally about to go to the eye doctor to order new glasses, when my friend, Kim, told me about this website that sells glasses - frames and prescription lenses - for $95 a pair. I didn't believe it at first - that is insanely cheap! Compared to the hundreds of dollars glasses usually cost at the eye doctor, I was more than willing to take a look.

The site is called Warby Parker and they have awesome "vintage-inspired" styles that are on trend and really cute. The best part is, they let you order 5 pairs at a time for "home try-on." They send them to you for 5 days, free shipping and free return shipping, so you can try them on (without prescription lenses) to see what you like. Then you send them back and can order whatever pair you like best.


The downside... I think their site has become extremely popular lately, so it is getting hard for them to keep up. They said it would take about 2-3 business days, but it took over two weeks for them to process my order. I'm not sure how long it will take to order with the prescription lenses. Also, due to the popularity, they might not have the styles to send for home try-on. They do, however, replace the ones they are out of with a similar style/color.

I was super excited to get my home try-on box when it finally came in. Here are a few pics of the five pairs I ordered (pardon the cheesy smiles):

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5

Of course, the day after I got my home try-on they launched 14 new styles on the website. Since I wasn't absolutely crazy about any of the five options, I'm eager to see the next five. So stay tuned for some pics of round two and what I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...