Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carl the Camry

Last night Carl died. :( He just straight up stopped working on the freeway on my way home from work. It was a very sad day.

Carl was my first car. I got him 10 years ago when I was 16. (I can't believe I'm old enough to have owned a car for 10 years). Carl is very special to me because I got him from my Grandma Phyllis after she passed away. He has always kind of been my link to her. It may sound silly that I think of a car like that, but it's true. I have a little gold butterfly that she gave me that sits on the rear view mirror and every time I see it, it reminds me of her. Wasn't she beautiful?


I guess it could have been a lot worse. Thank goodness there was a big shoulder where I could pull over, although the cops did stop by to say hi and then literally pushed my car to a better, safer spot. Thank goodness for my awesome husband coming to my rescue. And thank goodness for AAA. Although I learned that they will only tow your car 5 miles, then it's $5/mile after that. 

Needless to say, this is not the first time Carl has had problems. The check engine light has been on for a couple few years (I'm like Penny from Big Bang Theory when it comes to cars), I've gotten a flat tire while going 80 on the freeway, new starters and batteries, this car's been through a lot. He's got 208k miles(!) and I guess I knew it was inevitable that this would happen sooner rather than later, but it's still sad.

Anyways, Carl is in the shop now and hopefully we will find out today if he needs just the timing belt replaced, or possibly a new engine (hopefully the former)? Look at me pulling out the car talk. Don't be fooled - I got it all from the hubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...