Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meet My New Best Friend, The Couch

Me and the Couch spent a lot of QT together this weekend. It all started on Tuesday when I felt an inkling of sickness coming my way. It figures... I feel like I always get sick after I travel on planes.

I willed it away with all my might thinking it could be kind of "mental" sickness. That sounds bad, but you know what I'm talking 'bout - kind of like hysterical pregnancies - you make it up because you are getting burnt out or need a day off. Well, I could only be so lucky.

Almost a week later, I'm still fighting this thing. Hacking up a lung, runny nose, super stuffed sinuses. I won't bore you with all the gory runny details, but it was not pleasant. The only good thing to come out of it was that I had time to finish Book Two of The Hunger Games trilogy - Catching Fire. And it was good. Now I'm on to Book Three, hoping it can continue to deliver.

Other than spending time with my new BFF, Couch, this weekend we watched a lot of HGTV (my new fav show is Secrets From a Stylist), watched Love & Other Drugs (it was OK - although Jake Gyllenhaal isn't bad to look at!), and took quite a few naps. Buster entertained himself by trying to gobble up every used tissue I accidentally left lying around... Picture this: sick me slowly chasing after hyper puppy thinking he's all that and a bag of chips for once again defeating mom and dad and getting his sharp little teeth on something he shouldn't.

Now I'm just looking forward to a nice Kleenex-free and cough-free week... and so are my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...