Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 6, 2011

Jumping on the Chevron Bandwagon

Seems like I've seen chevron patterns every where lately. It's all over pinterest and I love it. I wanted to add a little more color and pattern and maybe something like this to my home painting project I did a week or two ago. Luckily, I had 4 blank 12x12 canvases and I was in the mood to paint!

I decided to do Washington and Arizona on two of the canvases, since, you know, those are the two states me and the mister have lived in together. I found state stencils and printed, cut, and traced them on to the canvases after I painted the base color. Then I added a little red heart for the cities and bam! It's so easy!





I did the same with yellow + Arizona.



Last, but not least was the chevron canvas. I had already started one in white and gray, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I wanted to tie it in more to the three canvases I already made, using navy, aqua, yellow and gray.

In order to get really straight lines, I used a ruler and measured squares 2x2 inches.

Since I had already painted some of the gray when I decided to switch it up and do smaller stripes, I made marks every 1 inch apart and drew in the lines I wanted. Then I just painted alternating colors.


The final product... I really love how they all turned out and how the colors work together. I'm digging navy + aqua + yellow right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...