Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies


Oh, pinterest, how I love thee. I can't get enough. So organized. So clean. So inspiring. When I was looking for my next cookie recipe last week, I went straight to my Yummy Desserts board. I've had my eye on these chocolate-y nutella dreams for a while now.

I have fond memories of Nutella. When I went to Italy my sophomore summer of college, my friends and I would got on weekend trips and to save money, we'd buy a fresh loaf of bread and some Nutella to bring with us for lunches. It's so yummy! Like chocolate and peanut butter combined. Mmmmmhmmmm.

So here's my version of Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies (found here):

// 375 degrees // 8-10 minutes//

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat butter until creamy.

Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg.

Beat in Nutella, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Purrty...

Beat in flour. Add chocolate chips. 

Place in small balls on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.

Something to note... Let me preface this by saying, I'm a soft cookie girl. I definitely prefer the slightly under baked to the crispy edges when it comes to cookies. It's not you, Nutella, it's me. They are perfect when they just come out of the oven - soft, warm, and chewy. But, these cookies turned out pretty crispy when cooled. Like too crispy for me. Although, we did try them out with milk and they were still really tasty. So just a head's up... pretty crispy. If that's what you're into...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...