Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY: Anthropologie Inspired Snow Globes


I saw the snow globes at Anthropologie this year and loved them (but not for $18 a pop). True, they are not real snow globes (no water needed!), but they still get the job done. Look at how cute they are! Here's my inspiration (from here).


What you'll need:
Mason jar
Christmas trees - various sizes (I bought a variety pack of the Lemax Christmas village trees)
Fake snow
Glue gun




First, take off the lid of the mason jar and pick your tree. 


Glue the tree to the lid of the jar - make sure that you are gluing it to the inside of the lid!


Let it dry for a while. Luckily, hot glue dries pretty fast. 


Fill up your jar with fake snow. You don't need much (trust me on this one)...


Put the lid back together and stuff as much snow as you can in there (so you're still able to close and twist on the lid with the jar). And yes, I just switched jar sizes on you mid-tutorial. And I'm going to switch again (this was a learn-as-you-go project).



Now here's the tricky part (it might get messy). Flip the lid with the trees into the jar. See? I switched on you again. Can you keep up? :) Screw on the top and there you have it! No water needed and you have your own little festive snow globe. Note: Don't put as much snow in the jar as I did below - this was the only picture I could find of this part.



Aren't they charming? I love how they turned out. Classic and simple.


And these would be perfect as gifts! My plan is to make a third smaller one if I can find a tiny little mason jar. And another cute tree. 

Here's the cost breakdown:

Mason Jars - about $1-3 (depending on the size)
Fake snow - $3.49 for a bag
Trees - $20 for a bag full (on sale 60% off though, so only $10ish!)
Total per jar - about $3-3.50! Booyah! 

Are you making any Christmas gifts this year? Or doing any cute Christmas crafts? I'd love to see what you guys have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...