Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Planters


Is anyone else in shock that 2012 is half over already?! Hello, July! I just hope it starts to feel like summer up in here. C'mon Seattle! Get with it. The rest of the country has already!

Well, I finally got with it and hopped on the chalkboard paint bandwagon. Took me long enough, but I'm really diggin' it. I needed a cute solution for one of my little succulents. So I picked up a little planter and some Martha Stewart chalkboard paint at Michael's and got to work. I opted for the paint instead of spray paint because well, they were all out of the spray paint at the store. Next time maybe I'll try out the spray paint and let you know how it compares.

Photobucket

Three coats did the trick using a regular paint brush with even strokes.

I let it cure for at least a day before I tried any chalk. But when I did, I was pleasantly surprised! It worked really well writing with the chalk and then just wiping it off with a kleenex. So I had a little fun with it (as you should with chalk!).








This would be such a fun way to give a housewarming gift, thank you gift, bridesmaid gift, anniversary gift, or a just because gift. The possibilities are endless!

Here's a cost breakdown:
Planter - 89¢
Succulent - about $2.50
Chalk - about $1
Chalkboard paint - $8(!) Yeah, this was a little expensive, but it will last me a long time and I can use it for other projects too!
Total Cost - $4-5 (approximately)

What would you write? What other weird (or normal!) things have you painted (or spray painted) with chalkboard paint? I have another chalkboard project coming up soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...