Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic Fever


I definitely have it. I grew up playing sports. Lots of sports. Soccer (my true love), track and field, basketball, volleyball. I loved competing (and still do!). In fact, I just recently started playing on my work soccer team again and I'm having so much fun! I'm not nearly as good as I used to be (if I was even good back then - ha!) but it feels good to get back out there and compete. 

Watching the Olympics is just as fun for me. I get so into it and I'm definitely bursting with pride for our beautiful USofA. The athletes competing at that level are just so insanely good and I love watching them leave it all out there. The husband loves it too. We have a lot of fun watching on TV and making our own "color commentary." 

What is my favorite sport to watch, you might ask? I have come around to like the swimming. Especially with the last Olympics and Phelps doing so awesome and now this year with the rivalry built up with Lochte. I am also digging the volleyball - women's beach volleyball and men's indoor. They spike it so hard! Holy cow. I also like watching the random sports that you don't get to see on a regular basis, especially in the US. Like archery (have you seen those crazy hi-tech bows?) and shooting. Love it all. 

Oh, and what about the Queen "sky diving" into the stadium? Pretty funny. My favorite part of the opening ceremonies was the lighting of the torch. So cool with the young athletes running in and then lighting the 240 pieces from each country to create one unified flame. So awesome. I loved it. 

With the Olympics in London this year, it brings me back to memories of our London trip last summer. We loved that city so much. A ridiculous amount of history mixed with all things royal and a ton of beautiful old buildings. I loved every minute of it. Read more about our London travels right here

Are you a crazy USA super fan like me? What are your favorite sports to watch? 

Photo source: 1, 2, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...