Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Time For a Change

When Zach and I got married, one of the items on our registry was this awesome retro style wall clock from Target. I think they still sell it four years later. It had the aqua on the clock face that was throughout the rest of our kitchen and the red outer that we still liked as a contrast even though nothing else in our house is red. We loved it so much, we bought it ourselves before the wedding and took it off the registry. You know, just in case it was sold out by the time someone bought it. 


I still love the red and aqua combo, but I was ready for a change. Yellow has been a prominent accent color throughout our house (my lamp, my goodwill side table, our bathroom - although not by choice) so it seemed only natural for this little guy to join the club.

Step one was to take apart the clock so I could spray paint just the red part. I also took out the batteries so the hands wouldn't get bent while they were exposed.

The next step was a bit tricky. I thought I might be able to take off the hands, but no such luck. Instead I did my best to cut out some printer paper so I could fully cover the clock face. I made a slit to the middle so I could slide the paper under the hands. Then I carefully taped paper over the hands so they wouldn't get painted. 

It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to get the job done. I used Rustoleum Painter's Touch Gloss in Sun Yellow. So bright and cheery! I did about 3-4 coats. 

Looks good, no? There's a few places right around the edge of the face that got a little yellow, but from a distance you can't tell at all. 

On the wall it looks awesome! So bright and goes really well with the rest of our kitchen/dining room. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Over the last couple of years, I've gotten rid of the red in my house, and I've recently added some yellow, it's so bright and cheerful!! Especially with the blue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...