Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Nursery Reveal!

The day is finally here! I know you've all been waiting and I'm so excited to share with you the big nursery reveal! I had so much fun putting the room together (check out my original inspiration) - so many DIY projects and colorful accents. I LOVE it so much! The only thing it's missing is our Little BK (hopefully she'll be here in TWO days! EEEEEK!)!!!

This is seriously my favorite room in the house (and the only one that's finished). It's not a big room, but the layout came together really well and everything just fits. I love our little reading nook and can't wait to read Little BK a ton of fun books! My Mom and I made the yellow Pom Pom Curtains.

One of my favorite projects was the DIY Pouf Ottoman. It's heavy as an elephant, but so comfy on top and will be perfect for my tired feet when I'm rocking BK to sleep.

The rocking chair is a special piece - my Dad bought it for my Mom when she was prego with me! It's rock solid and is actually really comfortable. So special to have a family heirloom piece in the room! My Mom sewed the cover for the rocking chair cushion - cushion and fabric both from IKEA.

So many great books - can't go wrong with Dr. Seuss and Calvin and Hobbes (the hubby's favorite). She's also fully stocked with headbands... no one will ever doubt that she's a girl! Ha!

Another special piece - the ballerina figurine was given to me by my Daddio. I used to be in dance up until 5th grade and after each recital he would get me a ballet figurine. I have a whole collection, but didn't have enough room to display them all in the nursery. The wagon calendar was given to me by my Grandma at my baby shower and I DIY'd my anthropologie inspired book covers.

Who doesn't love a good collage frame wall? I can't get enough. I love all the white frames. I have two prints from my favorite artist - Katie Daisy (You Are Loved and You Are My Sunshine). I had to include my DIY onesie from our Pregnancy Announcement Photo Shoot. I did some DIY for the frames as well - the Small but Fierce Glitter Art, Hot Air Balloon Art, and then I made the Vintage Playing Cards art from some fun circus playing cards I found at an antique shop in Arizona on our Babymoon.

One of my favorite pieces is the yellow metal bike! It used to be my Mom's and was a dark brown color. Since she knows I love bikes (even though I don't even have one right now - what's up with that?!) she spray painted it bright yellow for me and it looks so amazing up on the wall!

I also love the Dream a Little Bigger, Darling print and the Puppy Silhouettes I whipped up (using a technique similar to what I did here but with scrapbook paper instead of paint).

Are you still with me? :) Here's the other side of the room - not as exciting, but closet (I still get a kick out of all the miniature baby clothes - so cute!) and hamper. I made the garland out of felt I had leftover from the Hot Air Balloon Mobile (one of my other favorite projects!) and some white ribbon.

Before I forget - the paint color is Sea Glass by Martha Stewart and we got the yellow chevron rug from Urban Outfitters.

I do have one more DIY project I need to share, but not until after she's born since it spells out her name. We picked out a name, but aren't sharing with anyone yet (not even our families!). I'll be sure to share when she gets here! :) The crochet blanket on the crib was my baby blanket made by my Grandma.

The Hot Air Balloon Mobile is seriously my favorite (it's the husband's favorite too). My Mom also helped me sew the Ruffled Crib Skirt... but never again!

I busted out this love pillow using the same technique I used for this pillow.

Still in love with my coral dresser, complete with fun drawer liners!

One of my thriftiest finds was the lamp I found at Target in the clearance section. Love it so much - almost as much as the 20 week ultrasound picture of my sweet baby girl! I also got the table runner at Target on clearance which matched perfectly with the dresser and will be great to keep the top from getting scratched up.


That's it! I hope you like it as much as we love it! :) Now we just need Little BK! Come on sweet girl!

21 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your nursery! I just came back to see if you had posted whether BK had shown up yet!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie! Thanks so much! I had so much fun creating the space. And yes, BK is here! Emerson joined us on 8/25! Check my recent posts for updates! :)

      Delete
  2. What is the name of your wall color and brand of paint?

    Kinzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kinzi! I used Martha Stewart Sea Glass on the walls.

      Delete
  3. what is the color and brand of the wall paint? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get the you are loved picture? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by Katie Daisy - I love all her prints! Her Etsy shop is called The Wheatfield. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this post, I found a picture of your nursery on Pinterest and really liked the color. I'm so glad to shared what color you used! We're designing our nursery now and looking for inspiration. I love the hot air balloons! We're waiting to find out what we're going to have so I think we can add coral and pink if its a girl or greens and blues if its a boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! Yes, I think the loose "hot air balloons" theme would definitely be easy to transition to either a girl's or boy's room. I've always wanted to pair navy with the aqua, which I think would be amazing! Good luck! Motherhood is the best (and hardest!). :)

      Delete
  6. What fabric did you use for the ottoman? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,

      I got the fabric from JoAnn's. Here's a link from one of my previous posts: http://www.joann.com/outdoor-fabric-waverly-sun-n-shade-panama-wave-sunset/12295655.html So far the fabric has held up very well!

      Delete
  7. Hi Megan!
    Love, love your nursery! Adorable! It looks like you went with the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib that you mentioned in your inspiration post. Have you been happy with it? I love the vintage feel it has, just curious if you were satisfied with crib overall!
    Thanks,
    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaitlin! Thanks so much! So far we love the Jenny Lind crib. It has three levels, but we are still using the top one at six months old. We haven't had any issues with it yet. I LOVE how it looks and would highly recommend!

      Delete
  8. I love your nursery. I was wondering where you found the photo frames and what sizes they are?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps. Also where is the bookshelf from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, the bookshelf is from Target and the frames are from Goodwill, Target, and IKEA mainly.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful room! What are the dimensions of this room? It looks similar in size to a room we have in our house that the previous owners had converted to a laundry room. I am interested in turning it back into a 4th bedroom if we were to have another child and moving the laundry back to the basement. It is already painted this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lora, This room is about 8x11 (ish)... it's more long and skinny. Not very wide at all, but it works for a nursery since we mostly play out in the living room. :)

      Delete
  11. I just found this fabric from joann's yesterday. I planned on making a crib skirt out of it and making it my inspiration piece. I was so shocked to find that someone else had used this outdoor fabric not only for a piece in the room but for a nursery! We aren't finding out the gender of our baby and I thought this was so whimsical and fun yet modern and clean! So excited to see this on pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great nursery! I've been looking for a bicycle wall piece like yours for our nursery as well. I was wondering, do you know where that bike might have come from? Also, what are the dimensions of the bike? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...